The Fantasy Card Thread was destroyed in the tapatalk merge

But this thread wasn't

To play and or discuss games and games

Moderator: Doug

Khaos
They should have sent a poet.
Forum Elf

Re: [Fantasy Card Thread] g of bad templating, i don't like the name of this thread and am formally requesting a name ch

Post by Khaos » Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:33 pm

• Some planes show up in card names that have never done so before

B-52 Bomber
Artifact — Vehicle (C)
Flying
When B-52 Bomber attacks, it deals 1 damage to target creature without flying defending player controls.
Crew 2
3/2

Khaos
Forum Elf

Re: [Fantasy Card Thread] g of bad templating, i don't like the name of this thread and am formally requesting a name ch

Post by Khaos » Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:42 pm

• Wrenn returns with a new partner

Wrenn and Eight
3G
Planeswalker — Wrenn (M)
When Wrenn and Eight enters the battlefield, create a 0/0 green Treefolk creature token. Put a +1/+1 counter on that token.
+1: Put a +1/+1 counter on up to one target creature.
-2: Gain 3 life and draw a card.
When this dies, if it's named Wrenn and Eight, you may have target Treefolk creature you control become a copy of Wrenn and Eight. If you do, its name becomes Wrenn and Nine. Change its +1/+1 counters to loyalty counters.

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:09 pm

• Two draft archetypes that have a creature type matters component (one of which is Phyrexians - see above)
• “Each player can’t cast more than one non-Phyrexian spell each turn.”
• “Activate only if you’ve cast two or more spells this turn.”

Droning Evangelist
WB
Creature — Phyrexian Cleric (U)
Ward — Pay 4 life.
At the beginning of your upkeep, each player draws a card.
Each player can’t cast more than one non-Phyrexian spell each turn.
2/2

Inspiring Leader
3RG
Creature — Human Rebel (U)
Haste
When Inspiring Leader enters the battlefield, create a 2/2 red Rebel creature token.
1, Tap an untapped Rebel creature you control: Target creature can't block this turn. Activate only if you’ve cast two or more spells this turn.
3/3

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:25 pm

• The tenth _____ & _____ sword

Sword of Order and Chaos
Artifact — Equipment (R)
Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has protection from Phyrexians and from Rebels.
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, exile the top card of your library. You may play that card this turn without paying its mana cost. If it's a land, create a 1/1 white Citizen creature token.
Equip 2

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:00 pm

Next, here are some rules text that will be showing up on cards:

• “You may cast spells with flash or flying from the top of your library.”

Enduring Wisp
UW
Creature — Spirit (R)
Flash
Flying
You may look at the top card of your library at any time.
You may cast spells with flash or flying from the top of your library.
Whenever Enduring Wisp or another creature you control with flash or flying dies, shuffle it into your library.
1/1

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:06 pm

• “an Aura, God or Demigod card”

Desperation Prayer
2WW
Sorcery (U)
Choose one —
• Search your library for an Aura, God or Demigod card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle.
• Put an Aura, God or Demigod card from your hand onto the battlefield.
Choose both if you have no cards in hand and if the only nonland permanent you control is a single creature.

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:08 pm

• “where X is the excess damage dealt this way.”

Enlightening Bolt
R
Instant (U)
Enlightening Bolt deals 3 damage to any target. Its controller draws X cards, where X is the excess damage dealt this way.

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:28 pm

• “This spell can’t be copied.”

Approach of the Fifth Dawn
WUBRG
Sorcery (M)
This spell can’t be copied.
Choose a colour, then create an artifact token of that colour named Argentum Sun. It is has hexproof, indestructible, and "Spells you cast cost one less mana of any colour that this is to cast." Then if you control five artifacts named Argentum Sun that are each a different colour, you win the game.
Shuffle Approach of the Fifth Dawn into your deck, then draw a card.

Skeletor
How'd you know that loving kittens is my one defining trait?
Forum Elf

Post by Skeletor » Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:39 pm

damn this bot is way slower than chatgpt but way better responses to these prompts
wow, [you]. that all sounds terrible. i hope it gets better for you

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:49 pm

• “X twice, where X is the number of lands you control.”

Here's an example of a Magic the Gathering card with the requested text:

Card Name: Land's Bounty
Mana Cost: XGG
Card Type: Sorcery
Card Text:
Search your library for up to X basic land cards and put them onto the battlefield tapped. Then shuffle your library.
X twice, where X is the number of lands you control.

lmao

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:15 pm

• “X twice, where X is the number of lands you control.”

Pharika's Oracle
3BG
Creature — Gorgon Shaman (R)
Deathtouch
When Pharika's Oracle enters the battlefild, mill X twice, where X is the number of lands you control. (This counts as two instances of milling.)
Whenever you mill one or more cards, you may return a permanent card milled this way from your graveyard to your hand.
1/3

edit: this probably mills too many cards

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:29 pm

• “Whenever a permanent you control transforms or a permanent enters the battlefield under your control transformed,”

Metamorphostasis
G
Enchantment (U)
Whenever a permanent you control transforms or a permanent enters the battlefield under your control transformed, put a stasis counter on it. As long as it has that counter, it can't transform.
G, Sacrifice Metamorphostasis: Search your library for a green creature card with mana value X or less, where X is equal to the number of stasis counters among permanents you control. Put that card onto the battlefield, then shuffle.

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:58 pm

• “If the opponent protects it, remove a defense counter from it.”

The Battle for Reality
1UU
Legendary Battle — Kamigawa (R)
(This enters the battlefield with 3 defense counters on it. Sacrifice it when the last defense counter is removed.)
Scry X, then draw a card. X is equal to the number of defense counters on The Battle for Reality. If the opponent protects it, remove a defense counter from it. (Trigger this whenever one or more of your opponents lose life during your turn. Triggers once per turn. At the beginning of your end step, if it didn't trigger, the opponent has protected Kamigawa.)

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:02 pm

• “At the beginning of your upkeep, if you haven’t been dealt combat damage since your last turn, you draw a card and you lose 1 life.”

Phoning it in
1B
Enchantment (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you haven’t been dealt combat damage since your last turn, you draw a card and you lose 1 life.

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:14 pm

im not doing the different creature types, so that's it

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:14 am

Khaos wrote:Droning Evangelist
WB
Creature — Phyrexian Cleric (U)
Ward — Pay 4 life.
At the beginning of your upkeep, each player draws a card.
Each player can’t cast more than one non-Phyrexian spell each turn.
2/2
actual card:Image

ToadBrews
Cardboard Robot
Cardboard Robot

Post by ToadBrews » Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:57 am

Invasion of Sarpadia 3UU
Battle - Siege
When Invasion of Sarpadia enters the battlefield, create four 1/1 blue Camarid creature tokens.
////
Shipwreck Shores
Enchantment
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a Tide counter on Shipwreck Shores, then Scry X, where X is the number of Tide counters on Shipwreck Shores.
If the number of Tide Counters on Shipwreck Shores is odd, blue creatures get +1/+1. (zero is even)

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:48 pm

trying to address jeb's battle-concerns

Secure the High Ground
1UG
Battle — Skirmish (R)
(At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a defense counter from Skirmishes you control.)
When Secure the High Ground is defeated, draw a card for each creature you control.

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:05 pm

War of the Sword Marches
1WW
Battle — War (R)
(War's cant be attacked or defeated. When defending player's life total changes, adjust the defense counters on Wars they defend accordingly.)
Whenever one or more creatures attack defending player, the attacking player creates a 1/1 white Soldier creature token that's attacking. If War of the Sword Marches has no defense counters on it, they create two of those tokens instead.

and that's the tea, i don't like that you can't remove it

Rylinks
her skirt got quite a lot smaller,
but her heart is still the same
size it was before
Forum Elf

Post by Rylinks » Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:11 pm

Enchantment Battle - War

problem soleved

Rylinks
size it was before
Forum Elf

Post by Rylinks » Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:11 pm

Enchantment Battle - Aura War

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:20 pm

i suppose all battles need to be countered by having blocking creatures. that seems like the one thing you can't fuck with. maybe wars need to have an ETB and then some continuous effect when at 0

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:27 pm

War of the Sword Marches
1WW
Battle — War (R)
(War's cant be attacked or defeated. When defending player's life total changes, adjust the defense counters on Wars they defend accordingly.)
When War of the Sword Marches enters the battlefield, create three 1/1 white Soldier creature tokens.
Whenever one or more creatures attack defending player, if War of the Sword Marches is defeated, the attacking player creates a 1/1 white Soldier creature token that's attacking.

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:37 pm

Exploit Weakness
1R
Battle — Skirmish (C)
(At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a defense counter from Skirmishes you control.)
Exploit Weakness deals X plus 2 damage to target permanent, where X is equal to the number of creatures that attacked this turn.

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:44 pm

Battle of Wit
1U
Battle — Psychological (U)
(Psychological battles can't be attacked. At the beginning of defending player's upkeep, this loses defense counters if they have the least life, least cards in hand, and/or least creatures on the battlefield. Remove a counter per condition met.)
Whenever one or more defense counters are removed from Battle of Wit, scry X, where X is equal to the number of counters removed.
When Battle of Wit is defeated, draw two cards.

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:02 pm

ToadBrews wrote:Invasion of Sarpadia 3UU
Battle - Siege
When Invasion of Sarpadia enters the battlefield, create four 1/1 blue Camarid creature tokens.
////
Shipwreck Shores
Enchantment
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a Tide counter on Shipwreck Shores, then Scry X, where X is the number of Tide counters on Shipwreck Shores.
If the number of Tide Counters on Shipwreck Shores is odd, blue creatures get +1/+1. (zero is even)
i like that way of managing tide counters

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:02 pm

Khaos wrote:• Wrenn returns with a new partner

Wrenn and Eight
3G
Planeswalker — Wrenn (M)
When Wrenn and Eight enters the battlefield, create a 0/0 green Treefolk creature token. Put a +1/+1 counter on that token.
+1: Put a +1/+1 counter on up to one target creature.
-2: Gain 3 life and draw a card.
When this dies, if it's named Wrenn and Eight, you may have target Treefolk creature you control become a copy of Wrenn and Eight. If you do, its name becomes Wrenn and Nine. Change its +1/+1 counters to loyalty counters.
i mentioned this in the discord but i like my wrenn more than the one they made. although mine doesnt fit the story at all

Rylinks
size it was before
Forum Elf

Post by Rylinks » Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:04 pm

i don't see why they keep you from chaining treefolk

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:07 pm

Rylinks wrote:i don't see why they keep you from chaining treefolk
i made that card! i suppose i could do that. i wonder if the name could be a variable

i think the problem is that most treefolk wouldnt have +1/+1 counters. but i guess you put the counters on them with her ability

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:08 pm

When this dies, you may have target Treefolk creature you control become a copy of her. If you do, increase the number in her name by one and change her +1/+1 counters to loyalty counters.