Русский текст

We can change anything but the name
s. goblin
Cardboard Robot
Cardboard Robot

Русский текст

Post by s. goblin » Sun May 10, 2020 6:29 pm

Lorem Ipsum - это просто фиктивный текст печатной и печатной промышленности. Lorem Ipsum был стандартным фиктивным текстом отрасли с 1500-х годов, когда неизвестный принтер взял камбуз типа и вскарабкался, чтобы сделать книгу образца типа. Он пережил не только пять веков, но и скачок в электронном печатании, оставаясь практически неизменным.

Skeletor
How'd you know that loving kittens is my one defining trait?
Forum Elf

Русский текст

Post by Skeletor » Sun May 10, 2020 6:40 pm

The important thing is that we're posting
wow, [you]. that all sounds terrible. i hope it gets better for you

Ashenai
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Русский текст

Post by Ashenai » Sun May 10, 2020 6:42 pm

awooooooooo

Blissful
"I don’t believe that we will lose life or have to discard cards ourselves."
Sentient Keyboard

Русский текст

Post by Blissful » Sun May 10, 2020 6:46 pm

yeah dude

Still Alive
Cardboard Rima
Let's party like it's 1899

Русский текст

Post by Still Alive » Mon May 11, 2020 12:07 am

i think i might actually know what's going on here

i suspected, suspect? that this has something to do with seo services and their robots. they kind of keep appearing, the seo services i mean. and you can actually kind of see this for yourself. we typically have about five guests. that's all yandex, a russian search engine that didn't get the distinction that bing and google got and so it has to scrape the forums from guest. that's pretty russian actually

lately we've had about ten guests. that's because five or so of them are a single seo service website thing scraping our forum. most of these guys have been obnoxious but on the level, as though theyre running a legitimate business. the seo service bothering us right now is one of those, or at least i thought it was. they've got a nice helpful website that teaches how to tell their bot to fuck off. wherein we run into a problem is that they were already being told to fuck off. unfortunately how you tell these guys to fuck off in an on the level sort of way is through a robot dot text file which people don't technically have to honour

and we've had people not honouring that n the past. i've actually had to block chinese shit in the htaccess file rather than just the hey please dont robot file. but that's china. obviously theyre not gonna do anything on the level. but this seo site thing does appear to be on the level and thats despite them appearing in the past and being told to fuck off in the past.

so i figured whatever. i'm not gonna htaccess block or whatever. they seem ok. they can just hang out as a guest for a couple of days until they get the fucking message. well, they're not getting the message. and, hey, would you look at that. there's a spam bot here posting seo garbage to our website.

but then it's also possible that that's just coincidence. maybe we didn't get any spam despite seo garbage sites not scraping us because of our amazing penis pass. who knows.

Still Alive
Cardboard Rima

Re: Русский текст

Post by Still Alive » Thu May 14, 2020 12:35 am

i've been watching the guests the last couple of days, and i guess i had just been doing the robot dot text file wrong. it appears that we have chased this bot off and now we can / i can consider whether or not yandex should be scraping our forum. do we really need to appear in search engines, at all? maybe vardaman will be googling something a year from now and he'll get us and he'll be like whoa rad i forgot all about these guys i should post again. that's unlikely, but it's still like a 1% chance versus zero right

also, someone is still on windows 7: Windows NT 6.1. I hope that's nobody actually posting

Skeletor
How'd you know that loving kittens is my one defining trait?
Forum Elf

Post by Skeletor » Thu May 14, 2020 12:53 am

I wish we didn't appear on search engines at all
wow, [you]. that all sounds terrible. i hope it gets better for you

Still Alive
Cardboard Rima

Post by Still Alive » Thu May 14, 2020 1:04 am

Skeletor wrote:I wish we didn't appear on search engines at all
well this is a large part of why we have cough cough, but yeah. i think i'm with you.

rianalnn
Posting Automaton
Posting Automaton

Post by rianalnn » Thu May 14, 2020 2:59 am

Still Alive wrote:
well this is a large part of why we have cough cough, but yeah. i think i'm with you.
we can be found through GGery, which is super high profile & half of us visit regularly, & a known quantity to anyone who might desire a return to Glitch Mountain.

Subject: crippled masters

Bring on the kung-fu amputees - no arms vs. no legs anyone? A bit of high-speed underground ninja-tunneling is always good as well. I wanna see some shit like that. Crazy monks with gnarly special powers can make any film good. FACT.

Juri
We're Knights of the Round Table
We attack each turn if able
Typewriter Monkey

Post by Juri » Thu May 14, 2020 3:02 am

rianalnn wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 2:59 am
Still Alive wrote:
we can be found through GGery, which is super high profile & half of us visit regularly, & a known quantity to anyone who might desire a return to Glitch Mountain.
I mean, can we actually? There's no links to the other site in either direction now and anyone who happens to remember our convoluted zetaboards url will be taken to the tapatalk graveyard instead of glitch

rianalnn
Posting Automaton
Posting Automaton

Post by rianalnn » Thu May 14, 2020 3:25 am

Not via a link, but surely by PMing anyone to ask, or whatever. If they love us, they will put in the effort!

Bring on the kung-fu amputees - no arms vs. no legs anyone? A bit of high-speed underground ninja-tunneling is always good as well. I wanna see some shit like that. Crazy monks with gnarly special powers can make any film good. FACT.

Juri
We're Knights of the Round Table
We attack each turn if able
Typewriter Monkey

Post by Juri » Thu May 14, 2020 3:31 am

Yeah that makes sense. I don't remember how Ashe got here but i think it was basically that

Anyway im doing my part~

rianalnn
Posting Automaton
Posting Automaton

Post by rianalnn » Thu May 14, 2020 3:38 am

Juri, Beacon of Always Be Posting wrote:Anyway im doing my part~
Yeah you are, keep up the good work.

Ashenai
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Ashenai » Thu May 14, 2020 7:59 am

Juri wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 3:31 am Yeah that makes sense. I don't remember how Ashe got here but i think it was basically that
mmhm. Doug told me.

rianalnn
Posting Automaton
Posting Automaton

Post by rianalnn » Thu May 14, 2020 8:38 am

Ashenai wrote:
Juri wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 3:31 am Yeah that makes sense. I don't remember how Ashe got here but i think it was basically that
mmhm. Doug told me.
The system works, quality filter is Go ^__^

Still Alive
Cardboard Rima

Post by Still Alive » Sun May 17, 2020 11:24 am

Still Alive wrote:i've been watching the guests the last couple of days, and i guess i had just been doing the robot dot text file wrong. it appears that we have chased this bot off and now we can / i can consider whether or not yandex should be scraping our forum. do we really need to appear in search engines, at all? maybe vardaman will be googling something a year from now and he'll get us and he'll be like whoa rad i forgot all about these guys i should post again. that's unlikely, but it's still like a 1% chance versus zero right

also, someone is still on windows 7: Windows NT 6.1. I hope that's nobody actually posting
glancing at the eighteen guests

turns out i can actually go fuck myself

also deactivated a spam bot earlier. how ... coincidental

Still Alive
Cardboard Rima

Post by Still Alive » Mon May 18, 2020 9:50 am

Still Alive wrote:also, someone is still on windows 7: Windows NT 6.1. I hope that's nobody actually posting
the windows seven guest is a russian spambot. i wonder if it's some normal person's hacked computer

Ashenai
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Ashenai » Mon May 18, 2020 10:04 am

definitely not a normal person, he's using NT

Still Alive
Cardboard Rima

Post by Still Alive » Mon May 18, 2020 10:04 am

Still Alive
Cardboard Rima

Post by Still Alive » Mon May 18, 2020 11:46 am

i let china be unblocked for all of sixteen minutes and there are already ten of them at our gates

edit - specifically, aspiegel bot

Ashenai
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Ashenai » Mon May 18, 2020 11:54 am

Just rename forum to Tiananmen Square Appreciation with Winnie the Pooh

Still Alive
Cardboard Rima

Post by Still Alive » Mon May 18, 2020 11:57 am

Still Alive
Cardboard Rima

Post by Still Alive » Mon May 18, 2020 12:09 pm

Still Alive
Cardboard Rima

Post by Still Alive » Mon May 18, 2020 12:22 pm

I shouldn't have said anything

Still Alive
Cardboard Rima

Post by Still Alive » Mon May 18, 2020 9:12 pm

the russian likes to hang out on the contact page. this is weird, i thought. why there?

o... oh

Still Alive
Cardboard Rima

Post by Still Alive » Mon May 18, 2020 9:13 pm

also it turns out we have a contact page, and an email address that receives stuff from that contact page

Still Alive
Cardboard Rima

Post by Still Alive » Mon May 18, 2020 9:31 pm

man, they're now on fucking windows xp. maybe it's someone from the past trying to communicate with us

about search engine optimization

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Mon May 18, 2020 9:41 pm

Arti Ficial and the Horde of Spambots
u gotta skate

Still Alive
Cardboard Rima

Post by Still Alive » Thu May 21, 2020 4:19 am

the penis pass has, unfortunately, been put to pasture. creating a good q&a is a bit tricky in so far as, like, well, i'm not sure who would be coming here, looking to come here, would know that we exist and then would want to register here while also being enough of a stranger that they couldn't then guess or get in contact with someone to answer the q&a, but you still kind of want it to be like, you know, it shouldn't be a hassle for them to register.

i am way past overthinking this but that's kind of my specialty: so something like tings gas etc. seems kind of obvious to me but we are like fifteen years removed from that. maybe i could do, like, mtgblank, or blank lampoon but, hand gesture. it's gotta be like ... obvious, but not obvious.

Ashenai
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Ashenai » Thu May 21, 2020 4:23 am

ask them if they love to laugh