But this thread wasn't

To play and or discuss games and games

Moderator: Doug

Rylinks
her skirt got quite a lot smaller,
but her heart is still the same
size it was before
Forum Elf

Re: [Fantasy Card Thread] g of bad templating, i don't like the name of this thread and am formally requesting a name ch

Post by Rylinks » Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:04 pm

that one's fine--it's unusual but it doesn't cause problems for the gameplay of the color pie

the drawing cards is more of a problem :troll:

Khaos
They should have sent a poet.
Forum Elf

Re: [Fantasy Card Thread] g of bad templating, i don't like the name of this thread and am formally requesting a name ch

Post by Khaos » Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:06 pm

yeah i figured if red can blow up large artifact creatures killing phyrexians is basically the same thing

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:43 pm

Jeb Bush 2012 wrote:Crème de la Crematorium RB
Creature - Zombie Pyromancer
Whenever a creature would die, exile it instead. Crème de la Crematorium deals 1 damage to that creature's controller.
2/3
posted in discord by jeb when riffing on cyclopean mummy

this is good

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:20 pm

Wringing Demon
2BB
Creature — Phyrexian Demon (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, you lose 2 life and get two poison counters.
Corrupted — If you have three or more poison counters, Wringing Demon has menace and haste.
6/6

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:35 pm

Gero the Renewer
UG
Legendary Creature — Frog Wizard (R)
Flash, reach
When Gero the Renewer enters the battlefield, you may have target instant or sorcery card in your graveyard gain flashback until end of turn. The flashback cost is equal to its mana cost. If you don't, return a land card from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped.
2/1

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:38 pm

Cyclopean Zombie
3B
Creature — Cyclops Zombie (C)
Deathtouch
Cyclopean Zombie can't assign damage to more than one creature when it assigns combat damage.
4/4

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:41 pm

Vampiric Servitude
UB
Enchantment — Aura (R)
Flash
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature is a Vampire in addition to its other types and has ward 1 and deathtouch.
At the beginning of each end step, if a creature dealt damage by enchanted creature died this turn, put that card onto the battlefield under your control. Sacrifice it when you lose control of Vampiric Servitude.

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:41 pm

Cursed Therapist
1B
Creature — Human Cultist (C)
At the beginning of your end step, put a charge counter on Cursed Therapist if it doesn't have any charge counters on it and it didn't attack this turn.
When Cursed Therapist attacks, remove a charge counter from it. If you do, it gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
2/2

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:42 pm

Othercide
4B{B/W}W
Sorcery (R)
Target opponent gains control of target creature you control. Then destroy all creatures you don't own.

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:08 pm

Soulsinger
2R
Creature — Daughter (U)
When Soulsinger enters the battlefield, she deals 3 damage to target creature or planeswalker you don't control.
{W/B}, Exile a Daughter you control: Return Soulsinger from your graveyard to your hand. Activate as a sorcery.
1/1

Blademaster
2R
Creature — Daughter (U)
When Blademaster enters the battlefield, if she's not a token, create a token that's a copy of her. The copy is a Germ in addition to her other types.
{W/B}, Exile a Daughter you control: Return Blademaster from your graveyard to your hand. Activate as a sorcery.
2/1

Shieldbearer
2R
Creature — Daughter (U)
When Shieldbearer enters the battlefield, you may discard a card. If you do, draw two cards.
{W/B}, Exile a Daughter you control: Return Shieldbearer from your graveyard to your hand. Activate as a sorcery.
1/4

edit: shit, blademaster needs a rework

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:37 pm

Apocalypse Omen
1R
Instant (C)
Apocalypse Omen deals 3 damage to target creature or planeswalker.
You may exile Apocalypse Omen and three cards named Apocalypse Omen from your graveyard. If you do, Apocalypse Omen deals X damage to each player, where X is equal to the life total of the player with the most life minus one.

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:35 pm

Snowball Fight
R
Sorcery (R)
Until end of turn, Snow lands you control get "T: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature you control."
Until end of turn, creatures you control get "T, Remove a +1/+1 counter from this: This deals 1 damage to any target."

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:30 pm

Floating Continent
Land (U)
Flying
T: Add G.

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:39 pm

Unexplored Cavern
Basic Land
T, Sacrifice Unexplored Cavern: Put a basic land card card you own from outside the game onto the battlefield tapped. You get a frontier counter.

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:43 pm

Root of Evil
B
Creature — Treefolk (C)
Deathtouch, defender, underground 0
1/1

creatures with underground can't be blocked by creatures without underground, unless defending player pays x per blocking creature

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:47 pm

Shrewd Miner
1G
Creature — Mole Scout (U)
When Shrewd Miner enters the battlefield, mill three cards, then return a land card from your graveyard to your hand for each frontier counter you have.
2/3

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:50 pm

Burrow Serpent
4UR
Creature — Serpent (C)
Underground 4
When Burrow Serpent enters the battlefield, destroy target land you don't control.
4/4

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:08 pm

The Uncovering of the Underworld, Vol. III
Artifact (U)
When The Uncovering of the Underworld, Vol. III enters the battlefield, draw a card.
Whenever you mill a card, mill that many cards plus three instead.
3: Put target permanent card in your graveyard on the bottom of your library.

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:20 pm

Cave-in
W
Instant (C)
Cave-in deals 2 damage to target attacking creature. Remove it from combat. Scry 1.

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:22 pm

Impulsive Excavation
1U
Sorcery (C)
Surveil 4. If you put exactly three cards into your graveyard this way, draw a card.

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:25 pm

Smoke Out
B
Sorcery (U)
Each opponent puts a creature card in their hand onto the battlefield or reveals a hand with no creature cards. Destroy those creatures. For each player that revealed a hand with no creature cards, you draw a card.

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:28 pm

Light at the End of the Tunnel
Sorcery (R)
Exile target creature or planeswalker.

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:29 pm

Down the Rabbit Hole
1B
Sorcery (U)
Name a card, then reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal the named card or until you reveal seven cards. Put the last card revealed this way into your hand and put the other revealed cards into your graveyard.

Skeletor
How'd you know that loving kittens is my one defining trait?
Forum Elf

Post by Skeletor » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:44 pm

Khaos wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:30 pm Floating Continent
Land (U)
Flying
T: Add G.
you could do a set with a cycle of manlands that have a combat keyword outside of the manland text, and then one of the green draft mechanics could be animating lands
wow, [you]. that all sounds terrible. i hope it gets better for you

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:55 pm

i think a cycle of essentially blank lands would be excessive to support the one mechanic. maybe like a red one and a green one and then the RG archetype could have some animation. or just one signpost RG uncommon dual

edit: oh i misunderstood what you said. that sounds good

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:58 pm

Shadow Strangle
1BB
Sorcery (C)
Destroy target creature.
Shadow Strangle counts as a Shade creature card while it's in your graveyard.

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:05 pm

Weird Familiar
1U
Creature — Weird (U)
Flash
Weird Familiar triggers abilities when cast as though it were a noncreature instant spell.
Weird Familiar counts as an instant card while it's in your graveyard.
2/1

Khaos
Forum Elf

Post by Khaos » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:23 pm

Tormentor's Trident
1R
Legendary Artifact (M)
R, T, Discard a card: Choose one —
• Tormentor's Staff deals 2 damage to target creature.
• Tormentor's Staff deals 3 damage to target player.
• Tormentor's Staff deals 4 damage to target planeswalker.
If you control a Devil creature or a Tibalt planeswalker, choose any number instead.

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:23 pm

Khaos wrote:Shadow Strangle
1BB
Sorcery (C)
Destroy target creature.
Shadow Strangle counts as a Shade creature card while it's in your graveyard.
why not just Tribal?
u gotta skate

Crunchums
Forum Elf
Forum Elf

Post by Crunchums » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:24 pm

Khaos wrote:Tormentor's Trident
1R
Legendary Artifact (M)
R, T, Discard a card: Choose one —
• Tormentor's Staff deals 2 damage to target creature.
• Tormentor's Staff deals 3 damage to target player.
• Tormentor's Staff deals 4 damage to target planeswalker.
If you control a Devil creature or a Tibalt planeswalker, choose any number instead.
i choose one billion and seven damage to target player; gg
u gotta skate